Skip to main content

Vegabonds and a Woosah Morning

The other day, my neighbor informed me that his brother's band was coming to town.
"So there would be a lot of musicians running around. Hope you're cool with that..." 
"Of course that's cool."
..."And they're all single? This week's looking up."

Throughout the week, I saw them a couple times while hanging out on the porch. I later tried to assure them that I wasn't out there just because they were here... I always drink my coffee out there. And that I was really worried about them seeing me doing yoga, half naked, in my apartment, making it look even worse. That's just what I do.

Thanks to Neighbor's free tickets, I actually made it to the concert after work and was thoroughly impressed. Vegabonds. Check em out. They're an awesome group of Alabama dudes with some great southern rock jams. One interesting superlative about the concert? The fans were the best smelling concert fans I've ever smelled. 
"We attract the dapper ones." 

                          Bro love 
We walked on over to the after party that was a little glamorous than I expected... I don't know what I was expecting exactly, but hanging out with these guys, drinking beer on the front porch was good enough for me. We continued the party at our place for quite an entertaining night. Despite mysterious injuries of the singer waking up with his eye and rib hurting, me with a knot on my elbow, stray bottles and food, and an unhappy text from the roomie about the noise til 5am, good choices were actually made. But these still led to some laughs and wander.
Roomie might not have been a fan of the band but Chomp sure was. 
Pure joy. 

I was extremely tempted to go with the band to the Hangout Festival in Alabama, buut I figured I probably shouldn't do that to work... Especially after giving them my two weeks! Yep. That's some other big news in itself... Switching to part time with Daniel and starting work as a tutor. More updates on that soon.  

Now... I'm relaxing in my bed before heading to work, after a fantastic start to my day. It started with a walk on the beach and conversations in the sand with a friend that continues to impress me by his compassion and rare qualities. We continued our "Beach Life 2014" and biked to Biscuits... Delicious biscuits. Much contentment was shared with our happy bellies, hot coffee, and good company with the cool, May rain doing a damn good job at making it that much more peaceful. 
I got a little worried hopeful that the rain wouldn't stop so I'd have an excuse to call into work. But it took a break for just the right amount of time for us to bike home and then be blessed by it again for our Front Porch Sitting. It couldn't have been more relaxing. We shared some of our dreams and passions that have been pushed to the side for whatever reasons, and started bringing them back into the light again.  

Today was the perfect amount of Woosah, good conversations, encouraging passions, and making goals to achieve forgotten dreams. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 in Review (Plus 2020-2022, oops)

I am super bummed to realize that I haven't done a yearly review/highlights since 2019! That's FOUR YEARS ago! Pre covid, pre Oregon, pre master's degree, pre return to Florida, pre a million babies being born... So much has changed! It's always to nice to sit back and look at all that happens in a year too.  It's now February. I started this post in December and was about to go and try to edit and make it all fancy with links to other posts and all kinds of cool things.... I'm sure there are some mistakes even with the years, things left out... but progress over perfection right? We're just going posting it in 3...2...1... Have fun!  2023   1. Bike bike biking everywhere. To the Grom for tasty lunch treats, Indian almost every week, grocery shopping, to the gym, just to bike around in the sun. It's been great!   2. All the babies came: Lowey-Balls, Krupkas, Bakers, neighbor friends x2, Sarkissians, and even more to come!  3. Finally got the best job wit

Opposite Ends (Atlantic to Pacific)

It's been over a year since being back in Florida. I started thinking of some of these comparisons shortly after returning, but now I have even more to add. And it's more comparing the Oregon Coast to this area, of course. If you're new here, we were in Pacific City, OR a little old town of ~1000 people. Now we're in Atlantic Beach, FL.  1. The amount of laundry. I'd say 3 shirts a day in the summer is typical for this Florida heat and humidity. Go for a morning walk, change shirts...  Plant some flowers. Gotta change... Workout, definitely change. Shower, dog walk-- one more change before the night's done.  2. The bank and post office are open on Saturdays here! And restaurants don't close for the winter.  3. Florida neighborhood strolls: Seeing 10+ humans on every walk compared to often only 0. I love the community here! Lovely neighbors, gym rats, baristas. Even my parents! The Padres moved 40 minutes away vs 2.5! Yahoo! Pacific City was just so empty. On

Home

  Home is where the heart is .  Home is wherever I'm with you .                       Home is where you are .   Home is where I wanna be.     Home is inside you .  Now for the good news I postponed from the previous post for a combination of organization, suspense, and getting the chance to use another cliche...     After my travels so far, my original thinking that I would be so likely to stay in Europe have changed a little. As I began to realize during my American road trip, and I think I mentioned in my posts about it, it's really important to me to stay close to my family, especially when I have one of my own. So I started thinking that maybe the best thing would be to go and live abroad and explore until wanting to settle down with a family and all. Now these thoughts have become even more clear.  Being so far from home has made me realize just how much I love and miss my family, and how I don't want to miss much more of their lives.      It's been interesting too