Skip to main content

Oh, London

              I arrived in London Saturday and met up with Kelli.We went out to meet some of her friends at Urban Bar... But not before taking a slight (two hour) detour to a slightly ghetto area. But we made it to the bar and all was well. I got quite tired and was nearly ready to go home before some entertaining people reeled me in with their awesome dance moves. So the jacket was taken back off and my second wind arrived. I'm so glad it did too because it was one interesting night. 
       I got to witness the owner "lighting his crotch on fire," like I'd hear about, was handed an umbrella proceeded by "Raining Men" coming on the bar getting sprayed with water. Then There was an old lady with some crazy dance moves (mostly on a table) that took me back to Janice days (the token old lady frequenting the Jax Beach bars). 'Twas soon time to go home at around 2am (Oh, London... You are no Copenhagen.) but it was definitely a fun night nonetheless. 
               Sunday, was a very relaxing, food filled day. We went for a Sunday roast at Princess Victoria, a restaurant near her house, then shopped around for a bit and had some really good strawberry cake and coffee. 
                    Then it was rugby time! So we went to the Prince of Whales pub where her friend Ben met us to watch England beat Ireland. 
                    After the game, we met her friends for their traditional Sunday dinner where Lebanese was the pick for this week. It was a decent dinner but I think it's safe to say Lebanese isn't my top pick. 
                     It's Monday afternoon and I've taken shelter in some restaurant near my theater for tonight. I've been wandering around for like 5 hours checking off Neal's Yard, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, Tower of London, and Buckingham Palace. I also had an "English breakfast" at a modest dive called Diane's Diner, with eggs, bacon, toast, and baked beans (just for you, Sune), and just had a traditional meat pie at the restaurant I escaped to. It was quite tasty but now I'm stuffed
                    I'm currently immobile due to this silly leg injury, it's only 2:04pm, and my play isn't until 7:30. Soo, I think these waiters will be seeing a lot of me as I sit here until it's time to see Wicked!
                   It's obviously quite irritating that my leg is making this trip halfway miserable but I'm trying to work around it. It may work out nicely that David had his (originally inconveniently scheduled) knee surgery last week. Now we can both be crippled together. It sounds like he has a good plan for us now too... Driving around Scotland sounds pretty ace right now. And even if I can't do the caleigh, I've always been a fan of just watching people dance. Surely I'll do some though. 
                    So far, Neal's Yard in Covent Garden was probably my favorite. It's funny too because I literally just walked in, took some pictures, then went back to eat breakfast at Diane's... The cafes in there were closed and it was rainy, but it was still so pretty and just a little nook of happy. It was also just a big success finding it because that was one of the only things I'd looked up beforehand and wanted to see, and I'd almost given up on finding it when I kept getting different directions. So finally making it to this little colorful oasis was a goal accomplished. 
                  I unfortunately only admired all the great spots like Westminster Abbey, Tower of London, and others from the outside. They were too expensive or had really long lines in the rain. They were, of course, very beautiful. Big Ben was one of my favorites, and the rest were super cool sights. Can't diss the Tower Bridge! Buckingham Palace was also an obviously amazing place too. No sighting of the queen this time! 
So now... I will wait. 
I think I'll write some raps. 
Or poems. Same thing right?
Neal's Yard! :)


Oh, rainy London

Comments

  1. I am still following!!! Will Abby EVER be back home?? :) LOVE YOU!!! Be careful out there and don't melt in all that rain!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's SO good to hear! :) and I will be home in June!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2023 in Review (Plus 2020-2022, oops)

I am super bummed to realize that I haven't done a yearly review/highlights since 2019! That's FOUR YEARS ago! Pre covid, pre Oregon, pre master's degree, pre return to Florida, pre a million babies being born... So much has changed! It's always to nice to sit back and look at all that happens in a year too.  It's now February. I started this post in December and was about to go and try to edit and make it all fancy with links to other posts and all kinds of cool things.... I'm sure there are some mistakes even with the years, things left out... but progress over perfection right? We're just going posting it in 3...2...1... Have fun!  2023   1. Bike bike biking everywhere. To the Grom for tasty lunch treats, Indian almost every week, grocery shopping, to the gym, just to bike around in the sun. It's been great!   2. All the babies came: Lowey-Balls, Krupkas, Bakers, neighbor friends x2, Sarkissians, and even more to come!  3. Finally got the best job wit

Home

  Home is where the heart is .  Home is wherever I'm with you .                       Home is where you are .   Home is where I wanna be.     Home is inside you .  Now for the good news I postponed from the previous post for a combination of organization, suspense, and getting the chance to use another cliche...     After my travels so far, my original thinking that I would be so likely to stay in Europe have changed a little. As I began to realize during my American road trip, and I think I mentioned in my posts about it, it's really important to me to stay close to my family, especially when I have one of my own. So I started thinking that maybe the best thing would be to go and live abroad and explore until wanting to settle down with a family and all. Now these thoughts have become even more clear.  Being so far from home has made me realize just how much I love and miss my family, and how I don't want to miss much more of their lives.      It's been interesting too

Opposite Ends (Atlantic to Pacific)

It's been over a year since being back in Florida. I started thinking of some of these comparisons shortly after returning, but now I have even more to add. And it's more comparing the Oregon Coast to this area, of course. If you're new here, we were in Pacific City, OR a little old town of ~1000 people. Now we're in Atlantic Beach, FL.  1. The amount of laundry. I'd say 3 shirts a day in the summer is typical for this Florida heat and humidity. Go for a morning walk, change shirts...  Plant some flowers. Gotta change... Workout, definitely change. Shower, dog walk-- one more change before the night's done.  2. The bank and post office are open on Saturdays here! And restaurants don't close for the winter.  3. Florida neighborhood strolls: Seeing 10+ humans on every walk compared to often only 0. I love the community here! Lovely neighbors, gym rats, baristas. Even my parents! The Padres moved 40 minutes away vs 2.5! Yahoo! Pacific City was just so empty. On