Skip to main content

State of Mind

Run River North: My new obsession right now. I mean listen to that voice!
So, I finally had a night of not only realistic, practical thinking, but I also finally got back to my dreams, values, and opinions. For a while there, I felt like I didn't have a strong preference to any option and lost sight of what I even wanted. I'm still not 100% set on one goal (which is not my way of thinking anyway, as I've learned that just makes disappointment so likely). But I do have a better idea of what I want, how to get it, and where to do it. 

For a while, I was so set on Colorado and wanting to make that happen as soon as possible. But with my economic and job situation right now it was simply not possible. So, I was thinking of just getting whatever job to save and move there ASAP. 

BUT, this monumental, practical, clear thinking set in the other night, and I realized that I need to just go ahead and get grounded here. I actually ruled out the NYC/Chicago nanny option (yep, that was a serious thought), and returned Colorado to my eventual destination but won't be focusing on it. 
  1. I'll work towards my career goals where I am right now instead of postponing them until getting to this more distant dream.
  2. I'll fully enjoy my friends and family that I missed so much while in Denmark and take advantage of this time I have with them. 
  3. I'll work on this whole saving money concept and being responsible.

Although I did see the importance of enjoying this stage and my family while I can, and I even talked about being present here, now I've just realized that it's just not entirely possible with my head in Colorado. Or NY. Or Chicago. Or Denmark. Or wherever else I thought I'd rather be. I'll get there when I get there. 

I'll just be here for now. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 in Review (Plus 2020-2022, oops)

I am super bummed to realize that I haven't done a yearly review/highlights since 2019! That's FOUR YEARS ago! Pre covid, pre Oregon, pre master's degree, pre return to Florida, pre a million babies being born... So much has changed! It's always to nice to sit back and look at all that happens in a year too.  It's now February. I started this post in December and was about to go and try to edit and make it all fancy with links to other posts and all kinds of cool things.... I'm sure there are some mistakes even with the years, things left out... but progress over perfection right? We're just going posting it in 3...2...1... Have fun!  2023   1. Bike bike biking everywhere. To the Grom for tasty lunch treats, Indian almost every week, grocery shopping, to the gym, just to bike around in the sun. It's been great!   2. All the babies came: Lowey-Balls, Krupkas, Bakers, neighbor friends x2, Sarkissians, and even more to come!  3. Finally got the best job wit

Opposite Ends (Atlantic to Pacific)

It's been over a year since being back in Florida. I started thinking of some of these comparisons shortly after returning, but now I have even more to add. And it's more comparing the Oregon Coast to this area, of course. If you're new here, we were in Pacific City, OR a little old town of ~1000 people. Now we're in Atlantic Beach, FL.  1. The amount of laundry. I'd say 3 shirts a day in the summer is typical for this Florida heat and humidity. Go for a morning walk, change shirts...  Plant some flowers. Gotta change... Workout, definitely change. Shower, dog walk-- one more change before the night's done.  2. The bank and post office are open on Saturdays here! And restaurants don't close for the winter.  3. Florida neighborhood strolls: Seeing 10+ humans on every walk compared to often only 0. I love the community here! Lovely neighbors, gym rats, baristas. Even my parents! The Padres moved 40 minutes away vs 2.5! Yahoo! Pacific City was just so empty. On

Home

  Home is where the heart is .  Home is wherever I'm with you .                       Home is where you are .   Home is where I wanna be.     Home is inside you .  Now for the good news I postponed from the previous post for a combination of organization, suspense, and getting the chance to use another cliche...     After my travels so far, my original thinking that I would be so likely to stay in Europe have changed a little. As I began to realize during my American road trip, and I think I mentioned in my posts about it, it's really important to me to stay close to my family, especially when I have one of my own. So I started thinking that maybe the best thing would be to go and live abroad and explore until wanting to settle down with a family and all. Now these thoughts have become even more clear.  Being so far from home has made me realize just how much I love and miss my family, and how I don't want to miss much more of their lives.      It's been interesting too