Skip to main content

Little Moments

  This is gonna be a collection of random cute things my baby Danes do. There's a good chance it might bore some of you, but it's also for me so I can remember all these little moments. But maybe they can bring you some positive thinking, a smile, or some entertainment.


  Starting with last night at dinner... Christopher started counting to 10 in English. As if I wasn't proud enough that he initiated it and did so well, he then told me it was my turn. As reward for getting them right, I was surprised with 10 kisses.


  Christopher is definitely the most lovey of the kids. I could tell that from the first day when he sat on my lap right away for tv time.


  This morning, it made me happy when Eva Kirstine layed back to cuddle with me too. Then tonight... Christopher came in from swimming lessons very excited to see me and just plopped right down on my stomach while I was watching tv. Kind of like Brantley style. For those of you that don't know Brantley, he's my old puppy who paued no mind to where he was running, where he sat, or how he slept.


  Now Clara Louise... It always warms my heart when she gets her excited, 2 year old smile, sometimes accompanied by clapping and her saying "min Abby." She's a huge fan of peek a boo(name of the Danish equivalent coming soon when I remember it) and feet tickling too. I think she would've done that the whole ride back from Jutland the other day if she didn't need to sleep.


  Also, this morning Clara Louise saw that I didn't set a bowl and spoon for myself at breakfast so she went and set it up for me. Haha


  Oh, the other week, we got to Skype with Pa and Grandma so they got to see the kids doing cartwheels, flips, and hangin off couches. Twas pretty cute and awesome that my grandparents in Alabama got to "meet" my family here.


  While introducing Eva Kirstine and Clara Louise to Fruit Ninja, having one on each side, I went to put my arm around Clara Louise and she gave a big smile then put her arm around my shoulder. SO cute.

  It's the 1st of November and the kids keep getting cuter. Of course, they have their crazy, screaming moments that make me wonder why people have kids, but then moments like these happen... 
  Tonight, when I went in to say goodnight to the kids before going to hang out with Rachel, Clara Louise gave me a big hug and then proceeded to hang onto me and didn't want to let go. After a minute of hugs, kisses, and flips, she brought me to her rug and wanted me to lay down. So I sat down and she brought over a pillow for me. Then she continued to bring me her blanket and tucked me in, making sure my feet were covered, brought me her stuffed animals, and gave me her pacifier, which she made sure I kept in. She then sang me some of the songs her mom sings to her and eventually laid down with me under the blanket. She was so cute, trading out the pacifiers, putting a stuffed animal in my arms, and just staring at me while I pretended to sleep. Reminded me of how Brantley did sometimes (The pup pup). The absolute cutest thing was when she took away the stuffed animal I was holding and put hers away too, to just hold onto me. Ah, the love of a child. 

 

Comments

  1. I love your descriptions of the kids and what they are doing. Of course they love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2023 in Review (Plus 2020-2022, oops)

I am super bummed to realize that I haven't done a yearly review/highlights since 2019! That's FOUR YEARS ago! Pre covid, pre Oregon, pre master's degree, pre return to Florida, pre a million babies being born... So much has changed! It's always to nice to sit back and look at all that happens in a year too.  It's now February. I started this post in December and was about to go and try to edit and make it all fancy with links to other posts and all kinds of cool things.... I'm sure there are some mistakes even with the years, things left out... but progress over perfection right? We're just going posting it in 3...2...1... Have fun!  2023   1. Bike bike biking everywhere. To the Grom for tasty lunch treats, Indian almost every week, grocery shopping, to the gym, just to bike around in the sun. It's been great!   2. All the babies came: Lowey-Balls, Krupkas, Bakers, neighbor friends x2, Sarkissians, and even more to come!  3. Finally got the best job wit

Opposite Ends (Atlantic to Pacific)

It's been over a year since being back in Florida. I started thinking of some of these comparisons shortly after returning, but now I have even more to add. And it's more comparing the Oregon Coast to this area, of course. If you're new here, we were in Pacific City, OR a little old town of ~1000 people. Now we're in Atlantic Beach, FL.  1. The amount of laundry. I'd say 3 shirts a day in the summer is typical for this Florida heat and humidity. Go for a morning walk, change shirts...  Plant some flowers. Gotta change... Workout, definitely change. Shower, dog walk-- one more change before the night's done.  2. The bank and post office are open on Saturdays here! And restaurants don't close for the winter.  3. Florida neighborhood strolls: Seeing 10+ humans on every walk compared to often only 0. I love the community here! Lovely neighbors, gym rats, baristas. Even my parents! The Padres moved 40 minutes away vs 2.5! Yahoo! Pacific City was just so empty. On

Home

  Home is where the heart is .  Home is wherever I'm with you .                       Home is where you are .   Home is where I wanna be.     Home is inside you .  Now for the good news I postponed from the previous post for a combination of organization, suspense, and getting the chance to use another cliche...     After my travels so far, my original thinking that I would be so likely to stay in Europe have changed a little. As I began to realize during my American road trip, and I think I mentioned in my posts about it, it's really important to me to stay close to my family, especially when I have one of my own. So I started thinking that maybe the best thing would be to go and live abroad and explore until wanting to settle down with a family and all. Now these thoughts have become even more clear.  Being so far from home has made me realize just how much I love and miss my family, and how I don't want to miss much more of their lives.      It's been interesting too