Skip to main content

Colorado Christmas {Poem Edition}

This Christmas was spent in Colorado with the Tiptons for a whole week! Complete with relaxing, baby smothering, gallons of tea and coffee, tastiest turkey, best and messiest breakfast burrito at Burger Boy, animal sightings galore, snow fulfilling dreams, a wild lookin llama, Native American ruins and more. 'Twas quite fantastic. 
Here's my Christmas morning poem. 

Now the snow's falling down
On this sweet, Colorado town
A perfect morning for this Christmas travel
All the love and adventure unravel 
Our adorable addition has had us grateful
Norwegian surf and turf, a delicious plateful
It'd been years since seeing the Tiptons 
Now catching up on how we've been
We skied down the Tellluride mountains 
Baby's so cute when she be bouncin  
Piano and carols on Christmas Eve 
Were more lovely than you could believe 
The Ross's had a griswald tour
Were Anasazis happy? We're a little unsure 
Adaleigh rode her very first horse
Her mama's favorite, she was happy, of course 
El Viento the llama was a sight to see
With teeth even more crooked than me 
A Christmas Eve service in their unique little church 
Now on the porch, two pinion jays perch
We're all gathered close 
All getting our dose
Of sweets, snow, and Adaleigh 
Opening presents while sipping hot tea 
Scott perfectly prayed 
For family not here today
They played an amazing part
And are forever in our hearts
This Christmas has been quite picturesque 
Spending it with all the best 



Mesa Verde tour
Anasazi home 
Favorite street in Cortez 
 
Just chillin with granddaddy 

Cutest carolers 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 in Review (Plus 2020-2022, oops)

I am super bummed to realize that I haven't done a yearly review/highlights since 2019! That's FOUR YEARS ago! Pre covid, pre Oregon, pre master's degree, pre return to Florida, pre a million babies being born... So much has changed! It's always to nice to sit back and look at all that happens in a year too.  It's now February. I started this post in December and was about to go and try to edit and make it all fancy with links to other posts and all kinds of cool things.... I'm sure there are some mistakes even with the years, things left out... but progress over perfection right? We're just going posting it in 3...2...1... Have fun!  2023   1. Bike bike biking everywhere. To the Grom for tasty lunch treats, Indian almost every week, grocery shopping, to the gym, just to bike around in the sun. It's been great!   2. All the babies came: Lowey-Balls, Krupkas, Bakers, neighbor friends x2, Sarkissians, and even more to come!  3. Finally got the best job wit

Opposite Ends (Atlantic to Pacific)

It's been over a year since being back in Florida. I started thinking of some of these comparisons shortly after returning, but now I have even more to add. And it's more comparing the Oregon Coast to this area, of course. If you're new here, we were in Pacific City, OR a little old town of ~1000 people. Now we're in Atlantic Beach, FL.  1. The amount of laundry. I'd say 3 shirts a day in the summer is typical for this Florida heat and humidity. Go for a morning walk, change shirts...  Plant some flowers. Gotta change... Workout, definitely change. Shower, dog walk-- one more change before the night's done.  2. The bank and post office are open on Saturdays here! And restaurants don't close for the winter.  3. Florida neighborhood strolls: Seeing 10+ humans on every walk compared to often only 0. I love the community here! Lovely neighbors, gym rats, baristas. Even my parents! The Padres moved 40 minutes away vs 2.5! Yahoo! Pacific City was just so empty. On

Home

  Home is where the heart is .  Home is wherever I'm with you .                       Home is where you are .   Home is where I wanna be.     Home is inside you .  Now for the good news I postponed from the previous post for a combination of organization, suspense, and getting the chance to use another cliche...     After my travels so far, my original thinking that I would be so likely to stay in Europe have changed a little. As I began to realize during my American road trip, and I think I mentioned in my posts about it, it's really important to me to stay close to my family, especially when I have one of my own. So I started thinking that maybe the best thing would be to go and live abroad and explore until wanting to settle down with a family and all. Now these thoughts have become even more clear.  Being so far from home has made me realize just how much I love and miss my family, and how I don't want to miss much more of their lives.      It's been interesting too