Skip to main content

Ramblin'

      Three weekends ago, Jen and I met for lunch in the city for some burgers and onion rings at a place called Haché. Afterwards, we checked out the Glass Market for my first time which was pretty cool... Just lots of different food places. I, of course, got some coffee and a pastry. Jen had to go back for dinner, but I decided to stay in the city. I wandered around all day, spent entirely too much money (but got a super awesome purse so I don't really regret it), found where I'll be getting my tattoo done (finally!) and eventually wound up at Charlie's to wait for Jen to come back out. When she made it back, we stayed there for a little bit, then tried a new Charlie's that wasn't so good, and ended at The Moose where we ran into Bogdan and his friends for his last night in Copenhagen.
       It had been a really fun hanging out with Jen, but I ended up getting bummed and calling it a night... But not before taking a completely wrong train, getting off somewhere I don't think I've ever been, waiting 25 minutes for two different trains, and finally making it back, where I still had to walk home since my bike was in the shop for a flat. :/ pretty crappy night. 

      The next day, even after getting like 4 hours of sleep, I made it to play tennis with Kristina from my Danish class. I'm so glad I did too. It was great getting to play again, it took my mind off things, and was fun getting to hang out with her and meet her family. All I had planned for the rest of the day was to go back to Charlie's to retrieve my backpack (I'd left it there so I didn't have to carry it around on Friday.) I was excited to see Marc because I hadn't see in him since before Christmas probably, and planned on having an easy, early night. It was going that way for most of the night too. We just chilled and enjoyed the new band and the good company of the bar... Mr. Marco was so entertaining... Happiest man I've ever met. I kept attempting to leave, starting around 12 probably, but I kept staying when they played another song I liked... Which was until it was over. Morten and Sune (the band members of Morten and Sune's Cover Show... Great name, eh?) joined us when they were done, giving me the chance to meet and greet with Sune, a pretty great Danish guy. I can't exactly tell you exactly how that when down, but Eugene claims to know it all. 

      On Sunday, I got to spend the day with this great Danish guy. We went for coffee and a massive wander, or ramble as we called it and made it the theme for the day. The first place we went? A cemetery! Sounds so strange, but Assistens Cemetery is really popular place where people go for walks, runs, picnics, and just hanging out, just like a normal park. I hadn't been there yet and was curious what it was like after hearing people talk about it. It was surprisingly quite cool... Interesting plants, trees, and landscape, and just a really interesting atmosphere. We followed that with some pizza, checked out the queen's castle, which I thought I hadn't seen yet (I actually had I just didn't know it was a castle), then we just walked around for a while, searching for a place with music and coffee. We wound up just going back to Charlie's because I had to pick up my backpack anyway... I'd left it again when that was my main purpose for going the night before! So we just chilled with Charlie and Kasper for a bit before going back to watch a movie and stargazed the starless sky on his roof. It was a really great day and he seems like quite a nice guy. 
     Amazed at how quickly things can turn around. 


Assistens... (Didn't take this picture)
   
H.C.Anderson's grave 
(I didn't take these)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 in Review (Plus 2020-2022, oops)

I am super bummed to realize that I haven't done a yearly review/highlights since 2019! That's FOUR YEARS ago! Pre covid, pre Oregon, pre master's degree, pre return to Florida, pre a million babies being born... So much has changed! It's always to nice to sit back and look at all that happens in a year too.  It's now February. I started this post in December and was about to go and try to edit and make it all fancy with links to other posts and all kinds of cool things.... I'm sure there are some mistakes even with the years, things left out... but progress over perfection right? We're just going posting it in 3...2...1... Have fun!  2023   1. Bike bike biking everywhere. To the Grom for tasty lunch treats, Indian almost every week, grocery shopping, to the gym, just to bike around in the sun. It's been great!   2. All the babies came: Lowey-Balls, Krupkas, Bakers, neighbor friends x2, Sarkissians, and even more to come!  3. Finally got the best job wit

Home

  Home is where the heart is .  Home is wherever I'm with you .                       Home is where you are .   Home is where I wanna be.     Home is inside you .  Now for the good news I postponed from the previous post for a combination of organization, suspense, and getting the chance to use another cliche...     After my travels so far, my original thinking that I would be so likely to stay in Europe have changed a little. As I began to realize during my American road trip, and I think I mentioned in my posts about it, it's really important to me to stay close to my family, especially when I have one of my own. So I started thinking that maybe the best thing would be to go and live abroad and explore until wanting to settle down with a family and all. Now these thoughts have become even more clear.  Being so far from home has made me realize just how much I love and miss my family, and how I don't want to miss much more of their lives.      It's been interesting too

Opposite Ends (Atlantic to Pacific)

It's been over a year since being back in Florida. I started thinking of some of these comparisons shortly after returning, but now I have even more to add. And it's more comparing the Oregon Coast to this area, of course. If you're new here, we were in Pacific City, OR a little old town of ~1000 people. Now we're in Atlantic Beach, FL.  1. The amount of laundry. I'd say 3 shirts a day in the summer is typical for this Florida heat and humidity. Go for a morning walk, change shirts...  Plant some flowers. Gotta change... Workout, definitely change. Shower, dog walk-- one more change before the night's done.  2. The bank and post office are open on Saturdays here! And restaurants don't close for the winter.  3. Florida neighborhood strolls: Seeing 10+ humans on every walk compared to often only 0. I love the community here! Lovely neighbors, gym rats, baristas. Even my parents! The Padres moved 40 minutes away vs 2.5! Yahoo! Pacific City was just so empty. On